Friday 28 February 2014

maybelline baby skin pore eraser :)



So today I am blogging about the maybelline pore eraser. Its basically a primer for the skin before you do your foundation. It claims it gives pore-less smooth skin and its lightweight and breathable. I have been testing this out for the past few weeks various ways and with different techniques and foundations and I have to say I'm not a big fan of it. I felt it didn't really do anything for my pores (not to say that it wouldn't for others) I felt they were still noticeable and it does claim to reduce them. Also I felt that it dried out my skin. I don't have terribly dry skin at all and I tend to have an oily t zone so that's were I tend to use primers but after a few weeks of using it my skin started peeling and drying out bad. Now I'm not using it my skins back to normal so it would of had to been that making it slightly dryer then usual. After a few uses when my skin started drying out and id use this and my foundation would patch in places because of the dryness but as I said now Its back to its old self using my cult faves for my skin (which I will go into detail on another blog post) But the one thing I have to say is it did make my foundation last that little bit longer which is a plus. 



This primer had a lot of hype around it as maybelline have done so well with the baby lips line and some people were comparing it to benefits porefessional primer. Its defiantly nothing like the porefessional primer from benefit but they were trying to do the same concept. The baby skin pore eraser has a more silicon feel to it something like the smashbox primers but not the same results as them as smashbox is one I like.




 I started off by placing it on my t zone and it went on pretty nice felt smooth and it didn't feel to heavy on the skin but my pores were still really noticeable as I said and my skin started drying out. Its only a few euro and worth a look at as boots have three for two on at the moment as this primer might really work for some and some might find it there cult product but I am not a fan but I don't hate it. This is just my opinion and I hope it was helpful.
stay tuned for more blog posts :)
Amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment